A standing ovation.
"I'd like to thank all the little people who made this possible, otherwise known as: my children. Without them, I would have no crazy, embarrassing, you've-got-to-bo-kidding-me stories to blog about and wouldn't be receiving the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness.
"And to Menopausal Mother, the blogging legend, who decided there is soemthing worth reading in all of my blahty-blah-blah. She has bestowed this award on me, and coming from her, the Eh, You're Kind Of Ok award would be humbling.
"And to my readers, my fans, my loyal Black Sheep-ers, I thank you from the baa-tom of my heart." (see what I did there? Huh?)
Thank you, Meno Mama, for giving me this award; I'm honored. The rules are:
1. Display award logo
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. State 10 things about you
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers
Ten things about Black Sheep Mom:
1. I'm a major coffee addict. Somehow, it can wake me up when I'm tired, but also relax me when I'm stressed. Good stuff.
2. I babysit my nephew 3 days a week. He is one month and one day older than my youngest son. So 21 and 20 months. They are very different in personality but equally adorable. Mad props to mothers of multiples; holy. crap.
3. I got married the first time when I was 18. Cuz 18 year olds make great life long decisions. Hence the phrase "the first time".
4. Some people call me sarcastic. I prefer to think of it as comedic irony.
5. My favorite flowers are roses and tulips.
6. My kids are extensively involved in team sports, of which I never played any. I was more of a dance, gymnastics, ice-skating kinda kid.
7. I live 2 miles from where I grew up.
8. I loooooove summer, and can't stand winter.
9. It can be challenging raising multi-racial kids in a predominately white community. During an 8th grade basketball game my son was called the 'N' word. Hell hath no fury like a mama who's child has been called a racial slur, let me tell ya.
10. Friendships are very important to me. No matter how great your husband, kids, mother is, a woman needs her girlfriends!
And now, to nominate some Awesome bloggers!
Baking in a Tornado
Real Mom of NJ
Life on the SONny Side
Big A little a
Go give them a read!
***Edited because I'm a moron:
Back on April 3, Karen over at Baking in a Tornado nominated me for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award. This means a ton to me because Karen is like my blogging idol, and I'm blessed to say, friend. But I promptly forgot all about the nomination, to the point that it was like brand new information to my over-worked, under-staffed brain. So Karen, I apologize, and gratefully accept this fabulous award!
Now I list 3 things I love about motherhood, then nominate some other great folks:
1. The ability the kids have to make me smile even on the worst of days.
2. That a hug around the knees is just as enveloping and loving as a bear hug.
3. Hearing compliments on my children's personalities, character, and manners. Even better than compliments on sports achievements or high grades.
And I pass this on to: