Menopausal Mother. She has been rooting me on since the very beginning, helping me out and lending encouragement. She is an amazing writer y'all, you have to check her out.
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Post award image on your site
3. List 7 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers
5. Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link back to their site
7 Random Facts About Me:
1. My fave pre-school shows are Max & Ruby and The Backyardigans.
2. I looove Coach, but am way too
3. For each of my first 6 pregnancies I got the gender I secretly wanted. With #7 I was convinced it was a girl.... wrong.
4. When I get bored I mess with my hair. Usually the color.
5. You can often find me bumping Cypress Hill in my car.
6. My parents divorced when I was 2. My "dad" that I refer to is actually my step-dad, in name only. I consider him my "real dad". <3
7. I am an Ancestry.com addict.
I don't yet know a whole ton of bloggers, I'm still exploring. And a lot of the ones I read are the same ones everyone else reads and they get nominated A LOT. So I'm just going to nominate a few:
The Inklings of Life That Suburban Momma
Buried With Children Life On Peanut Layne
Jamie the Very Worst Missionary Diapers or Wine?
I was also given this very cool pink award, The Liebster, by super duper Sarah from The Sadder But Wiser Girl who has been showing me much love on my blog and FB page and helping me to keep going, AND from the excellent, extraordinary Ellen at Bad Word Mama! I love this hilarious chick and am so glad I'm on her radar! BTW, Liebster in German means Favorite :) (ok maybe I googled that, whatever).
I'm supposed to answer the 11 questions made up for me, nominate 11 other bloggers that have less than 200 followers (no tag backs) and make up questions
Here's my questions from Bad Word Mama! (oh boy!) :
1. How do you feel about PDA (Public Display of Affection)? I'm fine with PDA, it's kinda cute, but I do not like PDM (Public Displays Of Mauling); seriously, if I wanted to see that shit I'd change my name to Tom and peep in people's bedroom windows.
2. Have you ever dumped someone on a holiday? Does their birthday count? Kidding, kidding, no I have not done that. I'm usually the dumpee anyway.
3. Have you ever locked yourself in another room to eat a snack you didn't want share with your kids? Um, hell yes! I've even hidden snacks in my car (there may be a bag of chocolate covered pretzels out there right now).
4. Do you know what a Shart is? Have you ever done it? One freakin time, ok?! Don't you dare tell or I won't be your best friend.
5. Do you embarrass easily? Yes. See panic over answering question above ^^^
6. Do you laugh when someone falls down? Hysterically. Then I feel like a bad person. Then I laugh some more.
7. If you could change something about yourself what would it be? I want bigger boobs. And higher self esteem. Tho that would come along with the ta-tas, like a package deal...
8. Do you pee in the shower? Saves on toilet paper, right?
9. Have you ever read someone's text messages on their phone without them knowing? If one of my kids is reading this, then no, absolutely not! I would never skim their messages just to reassure myself they're not doing anything stupid/illegal/fun without me.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Eating cookie dough. I make it without eggs so I don't get food poisoning (again) and then eat it like a friggin meal.
11. Do you hate answering these stupid ass questions? Actually, no, they're kind of fun! And a great distraction from the 917 dishes overflowing my sink.
Goodness Ellen, my brain is tired now.
But here is a list of bloggers that I nominate for The Liebster Award because they are some of my favorites:
Sorry Kid, Your Mom Doesn't Play Well With Others Gelato Mama
Adventures In Hickey Land My Boring Life In Pictures
Confessions of a Failing Domestic Goddess Teresa's Tidbits
My Dance In The Rain Simply Smiling...Everyday!
And here are my 11 questions:
1. How old were you when you got your first kiss?
2. What household chore do you hate the most?
3. Beach vacation or ski vacation?
4. If you had a million dollars, what is the most useless thing you would buy?
5. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. Do you have any tattoos?
7. Peanut butter and what?
8. Did you have a nickname as a kid?
9. Have you ever had surgery?
10. If you had a time machine, would you go to the future or the past?
11. What's the first thing you would do if you had an entire day to yourself?
Woo! Awards are hard work!